What is Git?
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
Offical website is: git-scm.com
Tech Talk: Linus Torvalds on git
Linus Torvald introduces Git at Googles Tech Talk.
Power Your Workflow With Git
Presentation about the concepts of Git and how you can use it.
Pro Git Book by Scott Chacon
The entire Pro Git book, written by Scott Chacon and published by Apress, is available here. You can read it online for free.
Interesting Links and Articles
- git-scm.com (official website)
- gitref.org (quick reference for learning and remembering the most important and commonly used Git commands)
- github.com (free public repositories)
- gitimmersion.com (guided tour that walks through the fundamentals of Git)
- nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/ (article about how you can branch right)
- sourcegear.com/diffmerge (visually compare and merge files)
- gitready.com(learn git one commit at a time)